When will our conditional green card arrive.?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rockville, MD

We file our request for green card last oct 2012.. When will it arrive.? Because im planning to travil this may dor my studies.. How many months should i wait.? Please help..

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Depending where you live and the complications of the case, it might take between 8 months to 1.5 year to get. However, once you file for the I-751 removal, the receipt extends your green card until the case is adjudicated. Therefore you can travel. But there is a risk. If denied, you might get a hard time to come back inside, although they should allow you inside. Talk to a lawyer familiar with such waivers to help.

    Shah Peerally, Attorney at Law http://peerallylaw.com Phone (510) 742 587 President of Shah Peerally Law Group... more
  2. Ian Edmund Scott

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Timing will also depend on whether or not the forms submitted were accurate. It is worth the investment of speaking to an immigration lawyer if you want to travel as you do not want to put your status and green card at risk.

    The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only.... more
  3. Oksana Bandrivska

    Contributor Level 3

    Answered . The green card processing time depends on the service center where your green card application was submitted. Usually, it takes approximately 5-6 months from the date you submit the application to get an interview appointment.

    You cannot travel before you receive your green card. If you applied for advance parole (travel permit), you may still be able to travel while the green card is pending. However, it is highly advisable to talk to an attorney to see if you are eligible to re-enter the US with advance parole.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,804 answers this week

2,887 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,804 answers this week

2,887 attorneys answering