When will my husband receive his passport with the Visa ?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I am a u.s. citizen by birth and have applied for I-130 for my spouse in April 2011. The interview was in February 2012 and was sent for Administrative Processing. 1 year has passed and we have heard nothing. I also have a son who was born in USA and a daughter with a u.s birth certificate. I do not want to live in Pakistan anymore due to the conditions in Pakistan. I need to live here because of the Administrative Processing. HELP!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Answered . Passport? No. He is applying for permanent residence, not US citizenship.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

6

Answered . It's best to check with the consulate what's going on. Sometimes inquiries do help to move the case.

3. K Alexandra Monaco

1

Answered . An I130 does not get him citizenship or a passport. It is the first step in applying for a green card for him first.

4. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . If your husband is issued the visa, it will be in his passport.

5. Lalita Haran

1

Answered . Administrative processing takes its own time and may feel like a black hole for cases. Contact the consulate if your husband had to submit his passport there and is waiting for this document with visa stamp. (You may till not get any specific reply.) Your question was unclear on this point.
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney
    Practice Area: Immigration
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com