When will my husband receive his passport with the Visa ?

New York, NY |

I am a u.s. citizen by birth and have applied for I-130 for my spouse in April 2011. The interview was in February 2012 and was sent for Administrative Processing. 1 year has passed and we have heard nothing. I also have a son who was born in USA and a daughter with a u.s birth certificate. I do not want to live in Pakistan anymore due to the conditions in Pakistan. I need to live here because of the Administrative Processing. HELP!

1. Passport? No. He is applying for permanent residence, not US citizenship.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. An I130 does not get him citizenship or a passport. It is the first step in applying for a green card for him first.

3. It's best to check with the consulate what's going on. Sometimes inquiries do help to move the case.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

4. If your husband is issued the visa, it will be in his passport.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

5. Administrative processing takes its own time and may feel like a black hole for cases. Contact the consulate if your husband had to submit his passport there and is waiting for this document with visa stamp. (You may till not get any specific reply.) Your question was unclear on this point.
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney
    Practice Area: Immigration
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com