When will my chapter 13 be discharged?

Asked over 2 years ago - Eaton, OH

I have received my Certificate of final payment for my Chapter 13, I have attended the debt classes, and the final papers for domestic situations have been filed at the court. When will
my case be discharged?

1. Tom Arany

8

Answered . In addition to attending the financial management class, you also have to file the completion certificate. Local practices vary and you should contact your attorney. You may need to move for an order discharging your remaining debt or take other procedural steps to get a discharge. Don't let your case close without a discharge. Contact your attorney today.

2. Stephen Nathan Doan

7

Answered . I agree with the other attorney. Typically you file some form of certification of compliance and request for entry of discharge. The form will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Hopefully an Ohio attorney can chime in here.

Best Wishes,

Steve Doan, Esq

3. Joseph T Ostrowski

5

Answered . I don't believe it is a set time depending on how busy the Court is. It shouldn't take more than a couple weeks if you are all done. The law tends to move much slower than people would like.

You should contact your bankruptcy attorney for a jurisdiction specific response.

Good Luck, be patient.

4. Steven Anderson Leahy

Pro

6

Answered . Each Trustee has a different procedure. Be patient, your Discharge is on the way.

I hope this helps.
    Respectfully,
    Steven A. Leahy
    www.chicagotaxteam.com