When will I have a official response from USCIS whether its good or bad?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Immigration

I'm a U.S. citizen and mother of three small children who are also U.S. citizens. My husband submitted his waiver I-601 on December 3, 2012 in Ciudad Juarez. We received notice January 3, 2013 stating the I-601 needed additional review and, more evidence. Our attorney submitted documents in the month of March 27th. June 16 it will be 2 years we have been apart and it's hard. Will I hear from them soon?

All I have is a MEP case number is there anywhere I can request information?

1. There is no way to guess when you will receive a decision. What does your attorney say?

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. Do you live in El Paso? I-601 waivers are difficult to get, depending on many factors. Talk to your attorney, he is in the best position to assess your case.

3. Your attorney can best answer your question. You are free to seek a second opinion but the second attorney will need to review the entire case in order to provide you with an educated opinion.