When will i get my divorce . no updating since November in my divorce case , i served my wife in September & she didn't respond

Glendale, CA |
Filed under: Divorce Divorce court

ocuments Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)
11/09/2012 Judgment-Package Received-2336

11/09/2012 Request-Enter Default
Filed by Petitioner

11/06/2012 Request-Enter Default (REQUEST TO ENTER DEFAULT IS INCOM PLETE. NO ADDRESS OF RESPONDENT WAS ENTERED )

10/03/2012 Proof of Service-Summons & Com
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Miscellaneous
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Summons-Family Law
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Petition-Dissolution
Filed by Petitioner

Looking at filing history that you provided, it appears that you have submitted all of your paperwork, and are waiting to hear back from the court. I understand that some courts are backed up 3-6 months on processing their paperwork, so its quite possible that your paperwork has not been reviewed yet. Have you tried calling the clerk's office? If nothing else, they can give you an estimated wait time. Good luck!

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Reviewing the answers posted on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship.

i called the court they said we are working in cases of october ??? did not understand them i married my wife 1o days only nothing between us of property .. just want to know when estimated will i take the divorce

Nadine Lea Burg

Nadine Lea Burg

When the court is processing your judgment, they will fill in your 'ending' date. The absolute soonest that your divorce can be final is 6 mos and 1 day from the date that she was served with the initial paperwork. In the meantime, you can continue to check the status of your case with the clerk's office, or online.

I too submitted a judgment in November that has not yet been entered. I called the court yesterday to get a status update. Turns out, my judgment has been signed, but it's in a pile with other judgments waiting to be photocopied so that conforming copies can be sent back to the parties or their lawyers. This is in the Central District. I don't know where your case is venued. If your case is downtown, then you are likely in the same boat as me. If you are at another court house, you can call the family law court clerk and find out what the status of your judgment is. It's been more than 3 months, so it's probably at least safe to assume you judgment is not being rejected.

Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman

Actually, let me add an addendum to my response. It does not appear that you prepared a Preliminary declaration of disclosure and filed the declaration regarding proof of service of your declaration of disclosure. Your judgment may end up getting rejected for that reason. Again, I'd call the court and ask.

and my court in pasadena

and i served her in september and she didn't respond

Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman

They said they're working on judgments submitted in October. Your judgment package was submitted in November. You're just going to have to keep waiting. It's annoying, but we all deal with this long wait time each time we submit a judgment to the court for approval. Sounds like Pasadena is really far behind. Sorry.

but because it's short time marriage and no property and she didnt respond will be easy to get the divorce ??

HI NOW I GOT THIS Status: Default Judgment per Declaration 04/04/2013 04/04/2013 Notice-Entry-Judgment Filed by Petitioner 04/04/2013 Judgment Filed by Petitioner WHAT DOES IT MEAN? , THANKS

Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman

You done. Judgment has been signed and entered. You should receive the document in the mail any day now.

is this divorce certificate

Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman

It's a divorce decree aka "Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage"

Calling the court clerk is the best way to answer your question.

From the time line you entered, I see two potential problems for you: (1) It does not appear that you prepared and served your spouse with your Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure which is required before a Judgment will be entered to dissolve your marriage; (2) the time line indicates your Request to Enter Default was missing the Respondent's address so you will probably have to re-submit a corrected form. You may want to consult with an attorney for assistance or go to the Family Law Facilitator's office at the courthouse for assistance.

Disclaimer: If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer or select it as Best Answer. It’s easy and appreciated. This response is intended to be a general statement of law and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.

i served here and i filled the correct address and the paper that prove serving