When will i get my divorce . no updating since November in my divorce case , i served my wife in September & she didn't respond

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendale, CA

ocuments Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)
11/09/2012 Judgment-Package Received-2336

11/09/2012 Request-Enter Default
Filed by Petitioner


10/03/2012 Proof of Service-Summons & Com
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Miscellaneous
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Summons-Family Law
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Petition-Dissolution
Filed by Petitioner

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jami K Fosgate

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . From the time line you entered, I see two potential problems for you: (1) It does not appear that you prepared and served your spouse with your Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure which is required before a Judgment will be entered to dissolve your marriage; (2) the time line indicates your Request to Enter Default was missing the Respondent's address so you will probably have to re-submit a corrected form. You may want to consult with an attorney for assistance or go to the Family Law Facilitator's office at the courthouse for assistance.

    Disclaimer: If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom... more
  2. Nadine Lea Burg

    Contributor Level 2

    Answered . Looking at filing history that you provided, it appears that you have submitted all of your paperwork, and are waiting to hear back from the court. I understand that some courts are backed up 3-6 months on processing their paperwork, so its quite possible that your paperwork has not been reviewed yet. Have you tried calling the clerk's office? If nothing else, they can give you an estimated wait time. Good luck!

    You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Reviewing the answers posted on... more
  3. Tobie Brina Waxman

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I too submitted a judgment in November that has not yet been entered. I called the court yesterday to get a status update. Turns out, my judgment has been signed, but it's in a pile with other judgments waiting to be photocopied so that conforming copies can be sent back to the parties or their lawyers. This is in the Central District. I don't know where your case is venued. If your case is downtown, then you are likely in the same boat as me. If you are at another court house, you can call the family law court clerk and find out what the status of your judgment is. It's been more than 3 months, so it's probably at least safe to assume you judgment is not being rejected.

  4. Liwu Hong

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Calling the court clerk is the best way to answer your question.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce Court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Divorce Court Fees

Just as each state has its own requirements to successfully file for divorce, each state also has its own types of fees and rules for when they will be applied. You may find this overview... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,928 answers this week

3,013 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,928 answers this week

3,013 attorneys answering