When will i get my divorce . no updating since November in my divorce case , i served my wife in September & she didn't respond

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendale, CA

ocuments Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)
11/09/2012 Judgment-Package Received-2336

11/09/2012 Request-Enter Default
Filed by Petitioner

11/06/2012 Request-Enter Default (REQUEST TO ENTER DEFAULT IS INCOM PLETE. NO ADDRESS OF RESPONDENT WAS ENTERED )

10/03/2012 Proof of Service-Summons & Com
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Miscellaneous
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Summons-Family Law
Filed by Petitioner

08/27/2012 Petition-Dissolution
Filed by Petitioner

1. Jami K Fosgate

1

Answered . From the time line you entered, I see two potential problems for you: (1) It does not appear that you prepared and served your spouse with your Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure which is required before a Judgment will be entered to dissolve your marriage; (2) the time line indicates your Request to Enter Default was missing the Respondent's address so you will probably have to re-submit a corrected form. You may want to consult with an attorney for assistance or go to the Family Law Facilitator's office at the courthouse for assistance.

2. Nadine Lea Burg

Answered . Looking at filing history that you provided, it appears that you have submitted all of your paperwork, and are waiting to hear back from the court. I understand that some courts are backed up 3-6 months on processing their paperwork, so its quite possible that your paperwork has not been reviewed yet. Have you tried calling the clerk's office? If nothing else, they can give you an estimated wait time. Good luck!

3. Tobie Brina Waxman

Answered . I too submitted a judgment in November that has not yet been entered. I called the court yesterday to get a status update. Turns out, my judgment has been signed, but it's in a pile with other judgments waiting to be photocopied so that conforming copies can be sent back to the parties or their lawyers. This is in the Central District. I don't know where your case is venued. If your case is downtown, then you are likely in the same boat as me. If you are at another court house, you can call the family law court clerk and find out what the status of your judgment is. It's been more than 3 months, so it's probably at least safe to assume you judgment is not being rejected.

4. Liwu Hong

Answered . Calling the court clerk is the best way to answer your question.