Skip to main content

When we got a divorce, my husband agreed to give me 40% of the sale when the house sold. Can I file a lien on it? What kind?

Danbury, CT |
Filed under: Marriage and prenups

I want to file a lien and I dont know what kind or how to do it.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. If your name is on the property, it is probably not necessary as selling it would require your signature. If your name is not on the property then you may have recorded at the time the matter stated a Lis Pendens indicating that you have a claimed property interest. You should probably consult with a divorce attorney in your area to review your paperwork and indicate what you can (or may need) to do.

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics