When u sign power of attorney so your sister can sign for school purposes for my kids does she have the right to file income tax

Asked over 1 year ago - Augusta, GA

On them they wanted to go to school in south ga. So I signed power of attorney for school purposes for my kids does my sister have the right to file income tax in them

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

Answered . Powers of attorney CANNOT be used to enroll children in school, nor can they be used to gain a tax deduction. Did you perhaps sign a guardianship? Without accurate facts it's impossible to answer you.

2. Sam Louis Levine

Answered . Initially, my answer to your question would be no absent other agency related documentation in full force & effect. However, I need to know more. That's where you come in. If you would like to speak with me, my your wish is my command. I can be reached @ (404) 468-4689. Take care.

Sam Levine, Esq.
    Attorney at Law

3. Sarah Faith White

Answered . I agree with Attorney Ashman. It is difficult to know what type of paperwork you signed without seeing the paperwork. You could have signed guardianship papers, which would give very different powers than a power of attorney would. What the guardianship papers would allow your sister to do would depend on what they said. I recommend you consult with an attorney.