When to file "Motion for Reconsideration" in the State of Georgia?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

Judge ruled and handed a dismissal mid of Dec 2012. However, Judge has not signed yet due to the defendant's lawyer hasn't not filed the paperwork yet. I checked daily the superior court clerk to verify and confirm if the information is already entered in the system. Clerk's office confirmed each time I call that it's not in the system yet. -- So my question is: When do I file "Motion for Reconsideration" ? After the judge signed the paperwork or when he ruled the dismissed during the hearing?

1. Ashley Anne Digiulio

Pro

1

1

Answered . Sounds like you filed a lawsuit and the judge threw it out?

You should probably be asking yourself if your case has any merit, or if you stand a chance up against an attorney in court without an attorney of your own.

That being said, it really depends on the type of case and what the local rules are, and you're not going to get those type of answers here, as this forum is not intended to be a substitute for engaging legal counsel. What I can say is that depending on the case and your next best action, your "Motion" may need to be a "Motion to Reopen", "Motion to Reconsider", Motion to Set Aside Dismissal", "Motion For Appeal", or it may need to be something else, and timing of that Motion should usually come after the Order is posted to the docket.

http://businesslawyeratlantaga.com/

2. David Mark Kupsky

1

1

Answered . You should engage counsel with this one as motions for reconsideration and appeals stemming from a dismissal are two completely different matters and which may operate on different time lines with different deadlines.