When to apply for the US citizenship when being married to the US citizen?

Schaumburg, IL |

Shall I apply for US citizenship after 3 years since we got married or since the first green card was issued? and how long approximately it takes to obtain citizenship? Thank you for your answer.

3 years from the date the first green card was issued. It should take about 6 months.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Three years from the date conditional resident status was granted. Provided you are still together.

You are eligible to apply three years after the conditional green card was granted. However, you must still be married.

Recommended articles about Immigration