When to apply for social security number in Houson if arrived on k/1 visa?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I have arrived in Houston on september 27, and we are planning to get married in two weeks. When should I apply for a SSN so I can have mz drivers license, health insurance etc.?

1. Pablo Husayn Nossa

2

1

Answered . As soon as you are eligible. After you marry and file the 485 and 765 and you receive either your residence or work permit you will be able to get a SS number issued. With your SS number and either EAD or GC you will then be able to get a DL issued by the Texas DMV.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

1

Answered . After having gotten married and filed for I-485 adjustment of status and having obtained your employment authorization card, you'll be able to apply for an SSN and a state ID.

3. Boris Alexander Palant

Answered . 1. get married.
    2. Hire a lawyer.
    2. He will prepare and file I-130, I-485, I-765 and other forms.
    3. In a month or two you will get EAD
    4. With that EAD go to any SS office and apply for a SS number.