When there is a two year statue of limitation, what would be the last chance to file a complaint?

Asked about 1 year ago - Lancaster, PA

Example: Incident occurs April 26, 2011.
Two year statute runs out.
Can you still file on April 26, 2013 or was the last date to file April 25, 2011?

1. Noah Paul Fardo

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Quick Answer - the Statute would be April 26, 2013. You can ignore the leap year of 2012.

good question and good luck.

noah

Pro

3

Answered . Hope you filed, it is the 27th now.

3. David Brian Snyder

Pro

Answered . 2 years expires that date 2 years later. Consult an attorney to see if there was a way to toll the statute of limitations in the event you were late.

David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    315-451-3040
    https://snyderlf.com/SyracuseMedical_Malpractic...
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and practices Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.