When there is a two year statue of limitation, what would be the last chance to file a complaint?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lancaster, PA

Example: Incident occurs April 26, 2011.
Two year statute runs out.
Can you still file on April 26, 2013 or was the last date to file April 25, 2011?

1. 3

Best Answer

Answered . Quick Answer - the Statute would be April 26, 2013. You can ignore the leap year of 2012.

good question and good luck.

noah

2. 3

Answered . Hope you filed, it is the 27th now.

3. Answered . 2 years expires that date 2 years later. Consult an attorney to see if there was a way to toll the statute of limitations in the event you were late.

David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    315-451-3040
    https://snyderlf.com/SyracuseMedical_Malpractic...
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and practices Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.