When should I withdraw my asylum case and How can I withdraw it?

Miami, FL |

I have my asylum case pending for 2 years. Haven't got any result till now. I'm married with US Citizen. And my husband just filed a Petition through married for me.

It is a letter to USCIS. Or you can tell the officer at the time of your interview for the marriage..

I would not withdraw it until your green card is approved
Are you in removal proceedings?

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

no. I'm not.

Are you in removal proceedings? You really should be working with an immigration attorney, these are complicated applications.
Regards,
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

no, I'm not

I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleague

Congratulations on getting married. An asylum case should not take two years to process. Now that you are married to a US citizen you may qualify to adjust status and get your green card. It depends on how you entered the country and if you have a criminal record. It may be possible to either terminate or administratively close your asylum proceeding to allow you to apply for your green card.

Patricia Elizee, www.elizeelawfirm.com