When should I file with the EEOC for sexual harassment?

Asked about 2 years ago - Rome, GA

I was discussing a possible sexual harassment charge with my friend when he mentioned the EEOC and filing claims with them. What would constitute a case where I would file with them? Should I first bring up my case with HR?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kevin Rindler Madison


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Set up an appointment with an employment law attorney in your state who can give you sound legal advice as to whether you may have a viable case and how to protect and preserve all of your legal rights. The time deadlines can be very short regarding the filing of an EEOC complaint, so call an attorney immediately.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,594 answers this week

3,212 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,594 answers this week

3,212 attorneys answering