When resubmitting a status adjustment packet that needed an error correction, do I include rejected forms too?

Ontario, CA |

Not sure whether I should include the forms that were sent back with my new packet.

It doesn't say to include the old packet, so I just want to make sure. It says, "resubmit packet after you have corrected the reasons for rejection" -- Thanks.

READ the USCIS Rejection Notice. The resubmission instructions are right there.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I did read it. It says "resubmit your application packet after it has been corrected" -- it doesn't say to include the old packet, so I just want to make sure. Thank you.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Yes, but it surely stated the reason for rejection. Resubmit the entire old package after correcting the error and making sure it doesn't occur again. Best wishes, Giacomo

Yes, one of the names on the petition didn't match. Thank you.

The instructions discuss this.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

it doesn't say to include the old packet, so I just want to make sure. Thank you.

You can follow the directions provided by the government as suggested by my colleagues or hire an attorney. Many times, people have attempted to file petitions on their own and have made serious mistakes that can impact their petitions in a negative manner. I suggest you meet with an immigration attorney to see if an attorney can help you to fix any errors and avoid serious problems in the future.