Skip to main content

When resubmitting a status adjustment packet that needed an error correction, do I print out new forms?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

One date on the original form was incorrect; some of the last names on the forms didn't match. The form says to resubmit when errors are corrected and to place the notice with the resubmission packet, but it doesn't say whether new forms are needed or to include the old forms along for reference. Not sure what to do in this case.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Typically you redo all of the forms with the corrected info and resubmit with the notice that they sent. However like the other attorney indicated you may want to have an attorney review your papers at the very least to make sure you are on try right track. Cost of an hour or two of consult is definitely worth the hassle of doing it wrong or worst getting denied.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer or select it as Best Answer. It’s easy and much appreciated. This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges. We can be visited on the web at or call (818)839-6644.


There are too many unknown factor to properly answer your question. You should see an attorney and follow that advice.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.



To clarify, when resubmitting corrections, do I need to print out brand new forms, or do I cross out and initial? I will definitely consult with an attorney to review my resubmission. The notice wasn't specific as to how exactly to resubmit.



It only said correct and resubmit packet.


Sounds like you have a lot of errors on the application. Better meet with an attorney.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Resubmit new forms to be safe. And as others have said, might be good to check in with an immigration attorney in case other parts also need fixing.


LORIC, Immigration Solutions

(Free Initial Consultation)

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933

The response given is general in nature and does not create an attorney / client relationship. The answer given may also not account for other facts unknown to the attorney. For a more detailed evaluation you should consult with a licensed immigration attorney.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer