When providing a letter from an employer in hopes of getting weekend jail time, will the court contact the employer to verify?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Malverne, NY

My lawyer suggested a letter from my employer stating that I'm needed Monday through Friday, a description of the job, and acknowledgment that I am involved in a Dwi case. This letter will be presented on the day of sentencing. My manager is willing to write the letter without making it known to the rest of my company. Will the court contact my employer to verify or take other steps for verification? Thank you.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . It is possible.... you need to ask your lawyer who should have an idea of what the local judges do.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Intermittent sentences are useful if you have a job Monday through Friday. The court may wish to verify the infirmation.

3. Gian M. Fanelli

Answered . Possibly.

One or more answers have been taken down.