When providing a letter from an employer in hopes of getting weekend jail time, will the court contact the employer to verify?

Malverne, NY |

My lawyer suggested a letter from my employer stating that I'm needed Monday through Friday, a description of the job, and acknowledgment that I am involved in a Dwi case. This letter will be presented on the day of sentencing. My manager is willing to write the letter without making it known to the rest of my company. Will the court contact my employer to verify or take other steps for verification? Thank you.

1. It is possible.... you need to ask your lawyer who should have an idea of what the local judges do.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Intermittent sentences are useful if you have a job Monday through Friday. The court may wish to verify the infirmation.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

3. Possibly.

Disclaimer: Any information provided through this forum is meant merely for informational purposes and is not legal/medical/tax advice. No attorney-client relationship exists as a result of this communication and to establish such a relationship, a potential client must enter into a written contract with the attorney. This attorney has not agreed to handle your case, nor will he do so until you have signed a written retainer agreement which outlines the obligations of both parties.