When Parents are in court for parental rights termination issues do they have a right to a jury trial?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Spanaway, WA

I have read the laws as well as the court rules in civil issues in regards to jury trial. I cannot find any law or case law that denies the parents the right to a jury trial. This is not a monetary issue, or anything in regards to criminal, or child support. This strictly pertains to the parents ability to care for the child. Read the rules or laws carefully if you must. I have spent a total of 8 hours in research. If you have supportive information please include it in your reply. Thanks much

1. Bruce Clement

Pro

Answered . See my AVVO Legal Guide "No Right to Jury Trial in Termination Cases." You should consult with an experienced termination attorney.