Skip to main content

When one child drops off of child support, if you go back to court, do they redo the income form to figure out the new amount?

Tampa, FL |

When child support was set originally, the income that was used was one when my ex-wife was working. If I go back to court when my one daughter turns 18, will they need to redo those forms with the current incomes of both of us? If so am I better off just leaving it alone?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


When they recalculate the child support obligation with just 1 child, they will look at the current incomes.


Consult with a family law attorney to calculate what child support would be for one child using you and your ex's current incomes,factoring in the amount of overnights you have, and insurance and child care costs,. See how the amount compares with what you are currently paying and then make your decision on whether to modify or not.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC,, E-Mail: , Tel: (786) 501-6655


I agree with my colleagues. Current incomes will be used to calculate the current guidelines amount of child support. If you know your ex-wifes appoximate income you could consult with an attorney and they could tell you the amount. I offer free initial consultations and I am located in Tampa. You can schedule an appointment by contacting 813-374-0353.


If the original support order is unallocated then the court will recalculate the guidelines based upon present incomes. Contact my office for free consultation. 727-446-7659.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer