When my wife becomes a citizen this month what will the status of her 10 year old son be? Will he also be a citizen?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbia, SC

she is taking her test for naturalization this month.

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

Best Answer

Answered . It depends on his status. If he is a lawful permanent resident then he'll may become a citizen automatically. But that still requires he file an N-600.

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Cannot be determined on the facts posted. It depends on whether he is in the US in her custody and has a green card.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.