When my probation officer's files for a revocation hearing will I be arrested then, or on the court date of the revocation

Hindman, KY |

I am on felony probation and got another charge, even though it's only a misdameanor, my officer's said that if I am found guilty she will file for a revocation hearing. I was just wandering if I will be arrested as soon as she files for it, or will they wait till my court date for the actual hearing?

1. You should talk with your attorney and have him or her speak to your probation officer for you.

2. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you on the new charge. Be sure they are aware that you are on felony probation and cannot take a conviction. If you are convicted, your PO can request that a motion be filed to revoke your probation. It's up to the judge to set a bond or release you until the hearing. Some officers arrest you at your next scheduled meeting. Keep a good relationship with your PO while all this is pending.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

3. Frequently, Probation Officers make a recommendation in their affidavit to the Court as to whether a warrant or a summons should be issued. This is why you should keep a good relationship with your Probation Officer. Good luck!

The answer provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for retaining an attorney who can investigate and analyze all the material facts of your situation.