When my probation officer's files for a revocation hearing will I be arrested then, or on the court date of the revocation

Asked over 1 year ago - Hindman, KY

I am on felony probation and got another charge, even though it's only a misdameanor, my officer's said that if I am found guilty she will file for a revocation hearing. I was just wandering if I will be arrested as soon as she files for it, or will they wait till my court date for the actual hearing?

1. Joe Wayne Hendricks Jr.

3

1

Answered . You should talk with your attorney and have him or her speak to your probation officer for you.

2. Frank Mascagni III

2

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you on the new charge. Be sure they are aware that you are on felony probation and cannot take a conviction. If you are convicted, your PO can request that a motion be filed to revoke your probation. It's up to the judge to set a bond or release you until the hearing. Some officers arrest you at your next scheduled meeting. Keep a good relationship with your PO while all this is pending.

3. David Brent Cox

Pro

1

Answered . Frequently, Probation Officers make a recommendation in their affidavit to the Court as to whether a warrant or a summons should be issued. This is why you should keep a good relationship with your Probation Officer. Good luck!