When it start counting my 3 years for residency ?

I am a permanent residence holder bas on marriage an us citizen , i went out of us for more than 6 month but less than 1 year , i am back and lived in us for 2 years .

Las Cruces, NM -

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

You count your residency from the day you were granted permanent residence status, even if it was conditional. As to the physical presence for citizenship, you count it from the same time as well, provided you can prove it was not broken, and you can satisfy other requirements.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

When you became a resident.

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

You count from the day you became a permanent resident, which is listed on your green card. As for your citizenship application, you will need to take some extra steps in your application because of your trip that lasted more than 6 months.