When it comes to violating your transferred probation what state has the right on you? the state transferred from or your new?

Asked 11 months ago - Mountain Home, AR

my husband transferred his probation to AR from TX over a year ago and was to do 2years for a felony on a poss of marijuana. last month he violated his probation with a charge of felony in poss. of a firearm. now what state has right to have him in prison? texas has a hold on him but is still currently in AR jails.

1. Claiborne Hambrick Ferguson

Pro

3

Answered . the court that sentenced him, and therefore that court's state has jurisdiction over him. Sounds like TX has got priority over him.

2. Bart Charles Craytor

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Ferguson. The sentencing state has the jurisdiction. Depending on the violation the new state may also have jurisdiction (i.e. a new offense committed in the new state forms the basis of the violation of the terms and conditions of probation.) Good Luck