When is the earliest and reasonable date or month to ask my employer to start my green card process?

Asked about 1 year ago - Madison, CT

I need to ask my employer to start a green card process under EB-2 category for me. The problem is that I haven’t done my master degree yet. My master degree will be sent from the University by this December. In order to start a green card process the employer should work on a prevailing wage and other stuff which it usually takes a long time before I come into the picture. I need to get my green card as early as possible...Thanks!!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Answered . You probably need to change jobs since your current employer hired you before you got a Masters degree.

2. Dana Roxana Bucin

1

1

Answered . Talk to your employer ASAP to see if they are even willing to sponsor you for a green card. Then take it from there. Hopefully they have their own immigration lawyer to advise about the process.

3. Luis Raul Scott Jr.

2

1

Answered . You should have a conversation with them as soon as possible so you can begin to work on what you need. And you should have a consultation with an attorney to help you as well.

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . EB3 can be started immediately.
    EB2 will require a change of jobs AFTER you have obtained the Master's degree

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.