When is my Priority Date (October 8, 2013) will be current?

Raleigh, NC |
Filed under: Immigrant status

My Priority Date is October 8, 2013 under F2A category, country -Philippines. Since October 2013 until Feb. 2014 visa bulletin my category has not moved. May I ask then when is the most probable month or within this year (2014) that my priority date be current?

Your great idea can be a big help. Thank you.

1. Impossible to accurately predict. Compare the movement of that category for Philippines during the last 6 months, month by month, then extrapolate. Past performance will be the best predictor of the future.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. No one can predict the future. The September date has not advance for 5 months in a row.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Priority dates can move forward or backward or remain still for months at a time. All you can do is monitor the monthly Visa Bulletin. Past Bulletins on the Department of State website may help you find a pattern for past years.

4. Cannot predict with any accuracy. It depends on the number of applications that had been submitted.

Attorney Robert Brown's (former INS Director, 1972-99) reply to your question is general in nature, and does not constitute legal advice as all facts are known to him. For specific advice or representation you should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law. Mr. Brown's reply on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship not constitute legal advice.