When is it to late to hire a lawyer

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I been indicted for six months is it too late to hire a lawyer

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

6

Answered . It is only too late when a trial has started.

2. Jay K Goldberg

6

Answered . You can hire a lawyer at any point prior to trial. Generally, once a trial has started, a judge will not allow a change. I have been hired many times by defendants who want a new lawyer to handle the hearings and trial.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

5

Answered . You can always hire an attorney. The sooner the better.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . You can still hire a new lawyer. I once took over a case during jury selection.

5. Marco Caviglia

5

Answered . You can hire a lawyer even post conviction if there's new evidence! The point is, the sooner the better...if you had a hemorrhage, would you wait 6 months to treat it?

6. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

2

Answered . It's never too late.

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    www.estrellalawyer.com