When is it possible to have the Executor pay you legal fees if you have to challange his executor duties

Asked over 1 year ago - Fairfax, VA

I will have to hire an attorney because the Executor did not list all items in inventory and he is not looking out for the best interest of the Estate. Can I get the Executor or Estate to pay my legal fees. What are the ways, or can you have you legals fees paid If the will is in probate and you feel its no being handled correctly?

1. James P. Frederick

3

Answered . This would only happen if the court ordered it, and that is very rare. It strikes me as possible that the items were not listed because they passed outside of probate. You need to have an attorney review this before you can determine if you even have a case. Your feelings about how the estate may be completely inaccurate. A lawyer can help you assess that.

James Frederick

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

1

Answered . If you have a valid and just reason for your challenge-the court can order the estate to your legal fees.