When is copyright infringement a felony?

In order to be prosecuted for a felony , weather it's for profit or not for profit it has to be proven that $2500+ dollars or $2500 (for non profit) was infringed within a 180 day period. meaning if you infringed $3000 over a 360 day period it would not be a felony assuming no 180 day period within that 360 day period did you go over the $2500+ or $2500 limit. Is this correct?

1. NO, that is wrong. If by felony, you mean the customary definition of maximum prison time of 1 year or more, all of the offenses in 17 USC 506(a)(1) qualify because the max penalties under 18USC 2319 we described to you are 1 year or more. They are 1,3,5,6 or 10 years.

You are abusing this site, so that is all you get. This site is not for you to ask 50 questions to try to pick our brains for free when you should be seeing a lawyer and paying for detailed advice. It is for you to review general, non-specific, answers and select a lawyer to go see to get your specific advice.

It appears you are trying to rip-off attorneys without payment, kind of like the felonies you are asking about where you try to rip-off authors, composers, artists and publishers.

I hope no one gives you any more in the way of answers for free.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

2. You really need to just pick up a phone and call a lawyer. Lawyers spend decades doing this kind of work every day to understand the nuances of the law. You aren't going to learn everything reading a website, any website.