Skip to main content

When is a quildro filled out and buy whose lawyer

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Divorce

divorced 8 years ago

Attorney Answers 3


The QILDRO should be filled out and entered at the time the Judgment for Dissolution is entered. Usually the attorney for the person receiving the benefits is responsible but there is no hard and fast rule and the attorney and client may need to enter into a new engagement agreement. If you have been divorced for 8 years, you need to get that QILDRO entered immediately.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


That should have been taken care of as part of your divorce 8 years ago. Hire an attorney who has divorce expertise to get going on this ASAP.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


That's usually specified in the settlement agreement or judgment of divorce. A local attorney will be able to help.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics