Skip to main content

When I was 16 I received a retail misde charge should it still show up on a background check since I was a minor

New Kensington, PA |

I never got fingerprinted nor arrested. I did plead guilty and paid merchandise amount.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It may not show on a FBI or State Police record, but there would at least be a record of it in District Court. You may want to consider retaining an attorney to file an expungement.


A minor can get his/her record expunged


Contact an attorney or do a criminal record search yourself to see what appears. If this was a summary offense or you are a juvenile, you may be able to get this expunged.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer