When I sign a release form to settle under my uninsured motorist claim does that include PIP as well?

Chicago, IL |

I'm confused I was about to sign the release form to settle but when I read I will have to pay subrogation lien etc. I felt like there's dishonesty but I'm not sure. I called my health insurance and Allstate PIP has not responded to the subrogation letter from October 23,2012. The release is releasing ALLSTATE so I thought PIP is included? Also, my uninsured motorist claim started aug 21 2012 and my accident was June 15, 2012? Shouldn't there a timeframe for UIM to have started?

1. You need to take your paperwork and consult with an attorney in your state before you sign anything. It is difficult to construct an answer based on the question you have presented. Do not sign anything until you talk with a lawyer in your area, if you do, you do so at your peril.

I am only licensed in Arkansas. No part of this answer should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship.

2. Allstate release covers only allstate and its agents, assigns and lawyers. It does not cover any third parties. Please consult with an attorney in your city. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

3. You need to get a lawyer to review the release.

This is an example of why releases should not be signed without lawyer review.

Generally, the med pay reimbursement is contractual. So you have to repay that regardless of the release terms.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

4. Fax the release to a local lawyer to review.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com