When I sign a release form to settle under my uninsured motorist claim does that include PIP as well?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I'm confused I was about to sign the release form to settle but when I read I will have to pay subrogation lien etc. I felt like there's dishonesty but I'm not sure. I called my health insurance and Allstate PIP has not responded to the subrogation letter from October 23,2012. The release is releasing ALLSTATE so I thought PIP is included? Also, my uninsured motorist claim started aug 21 2012 and my accident was June 15, 2012? Shouldn't there a timeframe for UIM to have started?

1. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

8

Answered . You need to get a lawyer to review the release.

This is an example of why releases should not be signed without lawyer review.

Generally, the med pay reimbursement is contractual. So you have to repay that regardless of the release terms.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

2. Lisa Douglas

6

Answered . You need to take your paperwork and consult with an attorney in your state before you sign anything. It is difficult to construct an answer based on the question you have presented. Do not sign anything until you talk with a lawyer in your area, if you do, you do so at your peril.

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

6

Answered . Allstate release covers only allstate and its agents, assigns and lawyers. It does not cover any third parties. Please consult with an attorney in your city. Best of luck.

4. Kevin Coluccio

6

Answered . Have the release reviewed by a lawyer.

Pro

4

Answered . Fax the release to a local lawyer to review.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com