When i file an appeal does that put my probation on hold

Churchton, MD |

probation officer told me once the appeal goes in i dont see her anymore. does that mean i dont have to take urinalysys or go to anger management/ will i be going to court again and then have like a retrial and start over again/

No, only the court which placed you on probation may modify or terminate it before it expires. Perhaps your agent was talking about your reporting schedule.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.

Assuming you're appealing from District to Circuit Court, then you get a de novo (completely new) trial. And check your probation order because unless it says "conditions not stayed" pending appeal, likely you don't have to do anything until the appeal is finalized.

Nothing posted by Mr. Cleckner on Avvo or in response to an Avvo question or request is intended to be considered legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. For actual legal advice, please contact an attorney for a (usually free) in-depth consultation where your entire situation can be evaluated.