When i file an appeal does that put my probation on hold

Asked 11 months ago - Churchton, MD

probation officer told me once the appeal goes in i dont see her anymore. does that mean i dont have to take urinalysys or go to anger management/ will i be going to court again and then have like a retrial and start over again/

1. William Lawrence Welch III

5

Answered . No, only the court which placed you on probation may modify or terminate it before it expires. Perhaps your agent was talking about your reporting schedule.

2. Jason W Cleckner Esq.

Pro

2

Answered . Assuming you're appealing from District to Circuit Court, then you get a de novo (completely new) trial. And check your probation order because unless it says "conditions not stayed" pending appeal, likely you don't have to do anything until the appeal is finalized.