When filling out a child support guidelines worksheet, can I file it at the court house with just my financial information?

Oviedo, FL |

I'm pro se and am filling out all necessary forms to modify child support between my ex and I. I am at the part where I fill out the child support guidelines worksheet and it is asking for financial information for both parties. I am unable to get this information from my ex. Can I still file it at the court house with just my information?

If you are past the time when your ex was supposed to file a financial affidavit, give you pay stubs, etc., then you can estimate your ex's income on the guidelines worksheet. Estimate really high and watch your ex suddenly file a financial affidavit and comply with mandatory disclosure.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Peggy M. Raddatz

Peggy M. Raddatz

Great advice!

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

It is always a good idea to give priority consideration to the information provided by your state's attorneys as they are most often the best source of up-to-date information on local law.

Estimate his income.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

You can't calculate the support without estimating the other party's income. I like Attorney Rose's strategy.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

Again, your local attorney’s are usually the best source of advice, and their answers should be given the highest regard.

Child custody topics