When filling out a child support guidelines worksheet, can I file it at the court house with just my financial information?

Asked over 2 years ago - Oviedo, FL

I'm pro se and am filling out all necessary forms to modify child support between my ex and I. I am at the part where I fill out the child support guidelines worksheet and it is asking for financial information for both parties. I am unable to get this information from my ex. Can I still file it at the court house with just my information?

1. Brent Allan Rose

5

Answered . If you are past the time when your ex was supposed to file a financial affidavit, give you pay stubs, etc., then you can estimate your ex's income on the guidelines worksheet. Estimate really high and watch your ex suddenly file a financial affidavit and comply with mandatory disclosure.

2. Marian Audrey Lindquist

1

Answered . You can't calculate the support without estimating the other party's income. I like Attorney Rose's strategy.

3. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

Answered . Estimate his income.