Skip to main content

When filing for an Ex Parte application, is it required that I call the Court and schedule its hearing date? Can I simply file

San Jose, CA |

the Ex Parte application on the hearing date before 8:30 a.m.?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The rules for ex parte applications are probably posted on the court website - or you can call the law and motion department and ask them.

The information provided herein is general information only and not legal advice. The information provided herein does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. It is important to have a consultation with an attorney as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation.

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi


Great response by Ms. Larkin


You should contact the court where you want to file the Ex Parte. Each court may have different procedures on how to handle Ex Parte Motions.

None of the information on this site constitutes legal advice. It is an ad for attorney services. The attorneys at DeDecker & Meltzer are licensed attorneys in the state of California. The information is intended to be general in nature as there are many laws and regulations not mentioned on this site that may apply to your situation. No attorney-client relationship is created between you and the Law Office of DeDecker & Meltzer unless a signed written fee agreement exists. You should not rely or act upon the information provided on this site without seeking the advice from an attorney.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer