When filing an amended complaint, does the filing include a summons, civil cover sheet, cover sheet addendum, notice of case..

Asked about 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

assignment AND ADR information package?

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Answered . No. You do not need to file another Civil Cover Sheet or Civil Cover Sheet Addendum.

You can submit a Summons on First Amended Complaint if you are adding new defendants.

You will not need nor receive a new ADR package or a new Notice of Case Assignment. If you are serving new defendants, you will need to serve them with the ADR package and Notice of Case Assignment, along with the Summons on First Amended Complaint and First Amended Complaint.

2. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . I agree with Attorney Shen. Make sure your conplaint is properly titled "First Amended Complaint" and that you type of words "First Amended" above the word "Summons" on the Summons.

Realize that you'll get probably only 2 more tries to get your complaint demurrer-proof, and if you don't, the judge will dismiss your case "with prejudice," meaning forever. Now is the time to hire a lawyer.