Skip to main content

When filing an amended complaint, does the filing include a summons, civil cover sheet, cover sheet addendum, notice of case..

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

assignment AND ADR information package?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


No. You do not need to file another Civil Cover Sheet or Civil Cover Sheet Addendum.

You can submit a Summons on First Amended Complaint if you are adding new defendants.

You will not need nor receive a new ADR package or a new Notice of Case Assignment. If you are serving new defendants, you will need to serve them with the ADR package and Notice of Case Assignment, along with the Summons on First Amended Complaint and First Amended Complaint.


I agree with Attorney Shen. Make sure your conplaint is properly titled "First Amended Complaint" and that you type of words "First Amended" above the word "Summons" on the Summons.

Realize that you'll get probably only 2 more tries to get your complaint demurrer-proof, and if you don't, the judge will dismiss your case "with prejudice," meaning forever. Now is the time to hire a lawyer.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL ME OR PHONE ME. I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls, and you shouldn't expect me to respond to your further questions if you haven't hired me. We need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. This answer doesn't constitute legal advice, and shouldn't be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer