When filing 864 affidavit support,does my joint sponsor and i both have to submit the last 3 years federal tax information?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hammond, IN

i got married in China,my wife and i are still here,i dont meet the support requirements but have a joint sponsor who does,i filed i-130 already and need to gather up the support information now

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Answered . No. normally it is only the last year's tax return that needs to be submitted.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

5

1

Answered . Mr. Behar is correct, you BOTH have to file a copy of last year's returns.

But, I always do the past 3 ... to show a stable employment history.

3. Lena Korial-Yonan

3

1

Answered . My colleagues have answered your question correctly and completely. I recently published a legal guide on Avvo on the responsibilities of joint sponsors that you may want to read, if you like. Here is the link:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-are-m...

Lena Korial-Yonan, Esq.
    http://www.needimmigrationhelp.com

4. Lalita Haran

2

Answered . It is not necessary. If USCIS needs more information you would hear from them.
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com