When failing to file the I-751 waiver in time

San Juan Capistrano, CA |

When a conditional green card holder is divorced and fails to file the waiver before the green card expires, how long will it take for the USCIS to issue the Notice to Appear letter in mail? It would take some months I would assume?

1. Waiver has no timeline. You can file it as soon as you can.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. No one can predict thar work any degree of accuracy.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. The issuance of the notice to appear is not on a set timeline; file your waiver if you have reason to do so now; consult an attorney

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication.

4. File your waiver ASAP. don't wait for an NTA. Good luck!.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.