When does the clock start for a marijuana ACD? Arrest date or court date?

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

NY-Brooklyn. Last year in April I was arrested for marijuana possession, burning in public, my court date which was in July granted me a Marijuana ACD. So, if I keep out of trouble for a year the charges are dismissed and sealed. But when does the clock start on that one year? From my arrest in April 2012? Or my court date in July, 2012?

This would be the day you were in court and the judge granted the ACD. Most likely from the facts given the year would be up in July 2013

If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. We handle NY, NJ and all Federal Court cases. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632. www.nyccriminallawyer.com

The day you accepted the ACD in court.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

The date you were granted an ACD in court.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.