When does child support requirements end in Va?

Chesterfield, VA |
Filed under: Child support

I have two children (well one turns 20 soon). I have paid for two children and then some. Now that one is not a child, do i still have to pay the full amount or is half all that is required or do i need to go back to court to have the child support order amount cut in half?

Unless a child is disabled, child support ends at age 18 or age 19 if the child is still a full time high school student living at home. If you have an Order for more than one child you have to have the Order amended by the court as each child reaches the age of majority. You cannot just start paying less.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended for general information purposes only. For specific information regarding your case, call my office at 757-533-5400 to schedule a consultation.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support