When does a PR have to provide accounting to heirs of the estate? The court was satisfied with a preliminary, broad accounting.

I am the PR. Some of the heirs continuously demand a full accounting of how money was spent. Do I have to provide this whenever asked? I provided it once, but they didn't understand and made accusations of theft and credit abuse. I couldn't convince them of the facts. I don't want to re-start that argument until a judge can rule on what is proper accounting-wise. They will have the chance to object to estate costs before checks are cut and probate is closed. I believe that is the time to solve any lingering questions. But they refuse to cooperate AT ALL unless they are satisfied with the numbers NOW. ALSO, I took care of my mother's estate finances before her death. As PR, do I have any obligation to share the details of her finances during that time? They won't believe me anyway.

Orlando, FL -

Marian Audrey Lindquist

Marian Audrey Lindquist

Probate Attorney - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Since you are the PR you already have an attorney I am not going to try to second-guess or improve on the advice she has given you. You can't please all the people all the time.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Review both estates with your current attorney.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Estate Planning Attorney - Largo, FL

I agree-it is improper to advise y ou in this forum if you are already represented by another attorney.