When do you have to stop paying child support in the state of VA. Also she will turn 18, april 2013 and will have 3 months till

Glen Allen, VA |
Filed under: Child support

graduation. Can i send the last 3 payments to my daughter instead of my x wife. Thanks Jason

1. If it is a Virginia child support order, then the support obligation will continue until your daughter graduates high school in (I assume) June of 2013 -- provided that after her 18th birthday in April 2013 she continues to be a full-time high school student, who is not self-supporting, and is living in the home of the parent seeking or receiving the child support. Do NOT make the payments to your daughter -- they will be considered "gifts", not payments in satisfaction of the child support order, and you will then be in arrears to the custodial parent for that money and will have to pay twice.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended for general information purposes only.

Child support topics