When did Texas start having juvenile courts

Asked about 2 years ago - Mesquite, TX

I know that Illnois is the first state to have a juvenile court in 1899. What year did Texas start having juvenile courts?

Thank you, John Curtis Rentz. I know that Texas started having juvenile courts sometime in the early 1900s. I didn't know that Texas started having juvenile courts in 1907.

1. John Curtis Rentz

Best Answer

Answered . 1907. The Texas Juvenile Court Act of 1907 began the formation of the first juvenile courts in Bexar, Dallas, Harris and El Paso counties.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Answered . This is likely not something you can find out here. It is not the kind of trivia practicing lawyers generally know. It has been several decades. However, this is the sort of question better taken to a librarian in charge of your public library's legal collection.