When did Texas start having juvenile courts

Mesquite, TX |

I know that Illnois is the first state to have a juvenile court in 1899. What year did Texas start having juvenile courts?

Thank you, John Curtis Rentz. I know that Texas started having juvenile courts sometime in the early 1900s. I didn't know that Texas started having juvenile courts in 1907.

1907. The Texas Juvenile Court Act of 1907 began the formation of the first juvenile courts in Bexar, Dallas, Harris and El Paso counties.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

2. This is likely not something you can find out here. It is not the kind of trivia practicing lawyers generally know. It has been several decades. However, this is the sort of question better taken to a librarian in charge of your public library's legal collection.