When dealing with wire taps does officers need an probable cause to pull you over search your vehicle?

basically that person was set up and pulled over. Nothing was found in there vehicle but he's in jail with an millon dollar bond.

Nashville, TN -

Bernard Francis McEvoy

Bernard Francis McEvoy

Criminal Defense Attorney - Nashville, TN

In Davidson County, wiretaps are used by police and prosecutors almost exclusively in large-scale drug conspiracy cases. In general, the district attorney presents these cases directly to the grand jury and obtains sealed indictments.

If there was a sealed indictment (or an outstanding warrant) on your friend, then he or she could be pulled over at any time.

Given that you mention wiretaps and a million-dollar bond, it is likely that your friend is in jail, charged in a drug conspiracy case. The penalties in these cases are extraordinarily harsh. Your friend needs to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Edwin Arnold Anderson

Edwin Arnold Anderson

Social Security Lawyers - Knoxville, TN

Not always. If a warrant was already issued, no probable cause is needed. Hire a lawyer for your friend right away.

Claiborne Hambrick Ferguson

Claiborne Hambrick Ferguson

Criminal Defense Attorney - Memphis, TN

Agree with others, there is more to this than a stop of a vehicle. You or he needs an attorney ASAP.

Douglas Holbrook

Douglas Holbrook

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Diego, CA

No new probable cause would be needed if a warrant had already been issued.

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

Criminal Defense Attorney - Louisville, KY

I assume from your question that the defendant was "set up" by an informant and pulled over based on so-called probable cause either based on an outstanding arrest warrant or search warrant that existed PRIOR to the pulling over by the police. I further assume he is in federal court facing a federal drug charge due to the excessive bail bond. He needs the best criminal defense attorney he can afford that practices in federal court in your federal district.