When can I apply for the Citizenship?

Asked over 1 year ago - Garden Grove, CA

I got the 10 years Green card last year from marriage, and I've been living in the US from 2008.

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

7

1

Answered . You can apply after you have been a Lawful Permanent Resident for 2 years and 9 months IF you got your Green Card through marriage to a US citizen and are still married and living with the same citizen spouse. Otherwise, you apply at 4 years and 9 months.

2. Calvin T. Sun

7

Answered . You normally are eligible after five years of continuous presence in the U.S., after getting green card. The requirement drops to three years, under certain conditions, if you are married to U.S. citizen.

3. Jesus Novo III

5

Answered . What's the date on your green card? From there, add 3 years; however you can apply 90 days before your 3 years as long as your swearing in ceremony takes place after the full 3 years.

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Cannot be determined on the facts posted.