When can i apply for an Occupational Limited License?

Pottstown, PA |

I was pulled over for stickers, the officer pulled my record and informed me that my license was suspended due to a 1533. I've paid all the fines and sent my Acknowledgement of Suspension. I have to serve a one (1) year suspension. It states I must serve at least three (3) months towards my suspension before an OLL can be issued but doesn't state when I'm eligible to apply. May I apply for an OLL during my mandatory three (3) months or do I have to wait till I serve the three (3) month period?

1. That's not a bad question.

Here's the thing: you cannot have an OLL *issued* before the three-month limit, but if you file your application before that time without hiring an attorney to assist you, the odds are good that the bureaucrat who takes your application will simply say "It hasn't been three months yet, so denied!" But if you do have an attorney, they're more likely to at least listen to what you're trying to do, i.e., getting the ball rolling so you can get your OLL as soon as possible.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Business topics