When can I apply for a UK Tier 2 ICT visa?

Asked about 2 years ago - Jackson, WY

I began working for a US-based company (Company A) on 23-Jan-12. On 2-Jul-12, Company A was wholly acquired by a large, public company (Company B). My role did not change, however I am now officially employed by Company B. Company B has an established presence in the UK and is a sponsor for Tier 2 visas. I am looking to transfer to the London office on a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Long-Term visa. I know that this requires 12 months of employment for the company outside of the UK before applying. Considering the acquisition, what is my official start date? Will I be eligible to apply for a Tier 2 ICT visa on 23-Jan-13 or will I need to wait until 2-Jul-13? Thanks so much for the help!

1. Eugene J. Glicksman

Best Answer

Answered . Your question involves British immigration law, and this forum is for questions about US immigration law. You need to consult with an attorney knowledgeable about UK immigration law matters.

Good luck!

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Sorry, this is a US immigration law forum.

Go here & search for attorneys based and licensed in the UK: www.ailalawyer.com

___________________________________________________________
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
    CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW
    franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com
    SKYPE MULTI-PARTY VIDEO AVAILABLE

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.