When can I apply for a UK Tier 2 ICT visa?

Asked over 2 years ago - Jackson, WY

I began working for a US-based company (Company A) on 23-Jan-12. On 2-Jul-12, Company A was wholly acquired by a large, public company (Company B). My role did not change, however I am now officially employed by Company B. Company B has an established presence in the UK and is a sponsor for Tier 2 visas. I am looking to transfer to the London office on a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Long-Term visa. I know that this requires 12 months of employment for the company outside of the UK before applying. Considering the acquisition, what is my official start date? Will I be eligible to apply for a Tier 2 ICT visa on 23-Jan-13 or will I need to wait until 2-Jul-13? Thanks so much for the help!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Eugene J. Glicksman

    Contributor Level 17
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Your question involves British immigration law, and this forum is for questions about US immigration law. You need to consult with an attorney knowledgeable about UK immigration law matters.

    Good luck!

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Sorry, this is a US immigration law forum.

    Go here & search for attorneys based and licensed in the UK: www.ailalawyer.com

    Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
    franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com

    IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only.... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

    You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Employment visa

Employment-based immigration visas are divided into five types of visas (EB-1 through EB-5), each of which have different requirements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,574 answers this week

3,025 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,574 answers this week

3,025 attorneys answering