When can a writ of mandamus be issued on N400?

Dallas, TX |

My husband applied for N400 last April 2012. Its been a year and a half until now they havent scheduled him for an interview. The last time we did a service request, they said its on extended review for background/name check. But my husband doesnt even have any criminal record or whatsoever. According to our lawyer, we can not file a writ of mandamus yet. Is this true? can we file a writ of mandamus for them to schedule his interview? its way beyond processing time.

Schedule a consultation with immigration attorney locally. You are using big words. You will need a lawyer.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

You need an immigration attorney. Seek out one in your area through the Avvo Find A Lawyer tool

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Sometimes file are lost or misplaced. Suggest you talk with the attorney to see what options you have. There are several things that can be done before you should file a writ in court.

Business Immigration Attorney with 17 years of immigration law experience. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Recommended articles about Immigration