When can a title loan company take my car?

Asked over 3 years ago - Ogden, UT

I am hiding my car from a title loan company until I can pay them in 2 weeks, I told them I lost my job and cant pay until I get paid by my new job, they said it was unacceptable, and to bring in the car, I have to have my car for the new job I have, its their policy. My registration is up July 31, and Im planning to get a new car because my car will be too expensive to re register, what can the title loan company do? And how long before they do it?

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . You're asking "what are my contract rights?" and no one on Avvo knows what exact language is in the particular document you've signed. But you do, you should've read and it and understood it before you signed it, but if you didn't, read it now. See what it says about breach, and default, and repossession and dispute resolution, and remedies. Or see a lawyer for help.

Avvo is for general questions, like "are oral contract enforceable?" It's not for specific questions about any particular contract that no one's had the the opportunity to see, since that would require review of documents and discussions of individualized factual situations.