When can a title loan company take my car?

Ogden, UT |

I am hiding my car from a title loan company until I can pay them in 2 weeks, I told them I lost my job and cant pay until I get paid by my new job, they said it was unacceptable, and to bring in the car, I have to have my car for the new job I have, its their policy. My registration is up July 31, and Im planning to get a new car because my car will be too expensive to re register, what can the title loan company do? And how long before they do it?

You're asking "what are my contract rights?" and no one on Avvo knows what exact language is in the particular document you've signed. But you do, you should've read and it and understood it before you signed it, but if you didn't, read it now. See what it says about breach, and default, and repossession and dispute resolution, and remedies. Or see a lawyer for help.

Avvo is for general questions, like "are oral contract enforceable?" It's not for specific questions about any particular contract that no one's had the the opportunity to see, since that would require review of documents and discussions of individualized factual situations.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL ME OR PHONE ME. I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls, and you shouldn't expect me to respond to your further questions if you haven't hired me. We need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. This answer doesn't constitute legal advice, and shouldn't be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.