When can a landlord or his agent start showing the home to prospective buyers?

Temecula, CA |

I read that showing a home to a prospective tenants is only permitted in the last 14 days before the existing tenancy is due to end. I was given notice a week ago because my landlord is selling his home and I'm already receiving appointments to show the home. My lease (not including the 60 days' notice which has me leaving the end of June) doesn't end until May 31st. Is it only certain states that requires landlords to wait until the last 14 days of tenancy? My lease doesn't note how many days prior to my lease ending, it just states that I have to make the premises available for showings and be given 24 hours notice. But when do I have to let them start showing it?

1. Your information is incorrect. There is no such law in CA. For more on this issue see California Tenants (page 33+) here: www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/catenant.pdf‎

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice or counsel. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for advice and counsel. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference