When can a landlord or his agent start showing the home to prospective buyers?

Asked over 1 year ago - Temecula, CA

I read that showing a home to a prospective tenants is only permitted in the last 14 days before the existing tenancy is due to end. I was given notice a week ago because my landlord is selling his home and I'm already receiving appointments to show the home. My lease (not including the 60 days' notice which has me leaving the end of June) doesn't end until May 31st. Is it only certain states that requires landlords to wait until the last 14 days of tenancy? My lease doesn't note how many days prior to my lease ending, it just states that I have to make the premises available for showings and be given 24 hours notice. But when do I have to let them start showing it?

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Answered . Your information is incorrect. There is no such law in CA. For more on this issue see California Tenants (page 33+) here: www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/catena...