When am i maxing out in US (completion of max time on combination of L1B and H1B)

Fremont, CA |

Below are the dates of my stay in US under corresponding visas:

Aug'2009 to March' 2010 -- L1B Visa (8 months)
Apr'2010 to Sep'2010 -- Out of USA (6 months)
Oct'2010 to Nov' 2011 -- L2B Visa (13 months)
Dec'2011 till Date -- H1B ( 28 months)

Regards
Sab

there was a gap of almost 18 months between my first L1b departure date and next H1B start date....the time that i spent in india+L2B amounts to 18months...does it qualify for re-setting of my H1B tracker for 6 yrs..??

1. All time spent in the U.S. on H-1B and L-1 will be counted towards the maximum limit.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

2. You can do the math yourself, Babu.. You are very good at it anyway.. Any time spent in both L-1B AND H-1B status will be counted towards your 6 year maximum allowable period. If you spent significant time outside the US (in Hindustan vacationing, for instance..) that time, if proven, can be added back, "recaptured" in USCIS jargon and added back to the positive side of your equation.. Have a talk with your employer's immigration lawyer about "recapturing'.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. The employer's attorney would be a good address for this question.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.